I was in middle school when my "properly successful" father started giving me progressive leadership and management lessons. He still continues. Here is a summary of a video chat I had with him this morning.
Father: How is life?
Myself: All is under control.
Father: Haha. When a subordinate forms that sentence it usually means they are about to fall on their asses. Tell me before you fall on your ass and not after.
Myself: Did you laugh in the faces of your subordinates, too?
Father: Of course not. Cannot expect them to trust me if I am not willing to exercise trust in them. I took silent precautions to minimise the effects, made myself available and let them fall on their asses.
Myself: Haha. Thankfully you are only a shitty boss to your kids. I'll map out my situation for you. I am mentally and physically well enough to avoid hospitilazation. The bills are being paid. I still have no debt and I am not accruing any. So your money is safe. My dissociation levels are mostly manageable. The PTSD symptoms from the job are less frequent and less severe. Plus, I feel like I took the correct path away from turning into an angry, bitter, vengeful dragon. I feel more confident about building my own business. And and and I have normal/healthy amounts of tension in my social relationships.
Father: I am half convinced. Awesome to see your beautiful face and heavenly smile, though.
Myself: Yep, thankfully I am nice to look at. You would be a much better father if you treated me like one of your employees.
Together: 😂😂😂😂😂😂
No comments:
Post a Comment